18 LESSONS I HAVE LEARNT AT 18

22:57


Hi darlings,
 Yesterday I turned 18.
I don't feel a lot different except that I can buy alcohol now (which doesn't count because I have decided to be teetotal ) and I have to pay adult transportation fares, which sucks! Aside from that, I reflected a lot yesterday and I thought about things that I have learnt in my 18 years (God, that feels weird to say) and I decided to share them with you. If you've made these discoveries as well - yay we are discovery buddies- if you are still discovering maybe this will help you realise that you aren't weird or strange for having these thoughts and learning these lessons. It is completely normal, whatever normal is, ENJOY!

  • Show kindness to everyone around you and you will find the greatest peace within yourself.
  • Have a sense of humor, it'll make you care less what others think.
  • Don't be afraid to care about issues that affect everyone, not just yourself.
  • There is always a more natural way- stick to it.
  • Things not going according to your master plan isn't always a bad thing.
  • Every positive action counts, no matter how small you think it is.
  • Thank God always.
  • Listen to Mama, she knows what she is talking about.
  • Forgiveness is difficult but it will liberate you in a way nothing else can.
  • People are not always meant to be in your life permanently, rather than allow anger caused by their departure consume you be thankful for the happiness they brought into your life no matter how short their stay was.
  • Hugs are the cheapest and most effective pain relief.
  • Wear sunscreen EVERY. SINGLE. DAY
  • Love your body and it will love you back.
  • Don't be afraid to show people you care.
  • Not everyone will love you or even like you but those who will, will do so unconditionally.
  • Don't sustain any form of contact that lessens your happiness
  • Fighting for something you believe in will make a difference, make known your beliefs.
  • Smile, always

Stay beautiful because you can, Jasmine x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe