VAYUNAMU BAWA, ARTIST, 19

10:00




Describe your style - My style is very simple. I wear what I like and what is comfortable. It's never about what others are wearing but I want to wear and what I feel looks good on me.

How do you think your experiences have shaped your style? - Experiences with people and my surroundings have shown me the importance of simplicity and modesty. I've learned over time that being over-the-top is hardly necessary and modest clothing is key.

What do you think your style represents? - I think it represents me because I am straight-up, without any add-ons.

What do you hope it represents? - I hope it shows me living up to this verse: 1 Peter 3:3-4 "Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." Obviously, this doesn't mean gold or braids are bad but means that a girl's beauty shouldn't be limited to those things.

Is your style an outward expression of inner feelings? - I'm not sure, it just know that I dress how I feel or sometimes want to feel.

Does your style convey elements of your cultural background? - When I wear ankara and African fabrics, do certain hairstyles, yes!

Favourite item in your wardrobe? - That's so hard! I don't have one.

Style inspirations? - Literally anyone that loves bright colors on her dark skin.

Beauty secrets? - At this point in my life, the only makeup I wear is lipstick and mascara - I don't apply anything to my full face because I need my skin to breathe at all times. That's just me and my priority. I also sleep A LOT.

Pieces you can't live without? - Bracelets.

Pieces you wish you owned? - I wished I owned hella designer sneakers ;)

What do you think gives your style an iconic factor? - Again, because it's me. I can't stress the importance of being myself enough because I'm the only me and Vayunamu on her own is, in fact, an icon.


What is the best style advice you have ever received? - Really can't recall.

Did you ever struggle finding yourself style wise? - No, because I just went with the flow of how I was feeling and my level of confidence at the various stages of my life up until now.

Check out Vayunamu's instagram here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe