MEDITATION - HOW IT CAN ENRICH YOUR LIFE #12daysofchristmas -DAY 2

23:28

 
  Hi darlings!
 
I bet you are all rolling your eyes at this title and thinking " she couldn't be more cliché if she tried" but hear me out.
I promise it will be worth it.
Meditation has a connotation with images like the one above with the cross legged individual, deep in thought and fully concentrated. Well as I have come to realise this image is not a requirement - which is sad really, because I quite like the whole towel thing I have going on - I digress.
 
In my opinion meditation should be a necessity because our lives these days are just crammed with too much and most times life passes us and we are not even aware of it because we are focussing on other things - irrelevant things.
We all do most things on autopilot, with no time to think or even sometimes take a breather, we just always do.
 And of course, this has negative effects because we feel stressed quickly, unproductive or just tired in general, feeling this way is crappy (for lack of a better word) and a while ago I started feeling this way.
I hated it, so I started researching ways to feel less stressed and overwhelmed.
 
Meditation and mindfulness as expected were the most suggested ways to stay de-stress and I decided to give them a go. I watched really helpful videos which explained their importance and it  helped clear the prejudice in my mind, making me more open to possibilities.
 
I have benefited a lot from meditation and I have found a style that suits me - mantra meditation. I am less stressed, I react better to situations and I feel like I gain a lot more from life now (wow, I sound cheesy) because I am willing to listen and I am more peaceful within.
 Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back from the fast paced lives we now live and reconnect ourselves with the things that matter and taking some time to meditate, focus on something else for a short time does that for me and I am sure it will for you too.
 
Clear all your pre conceived notions and try it.
 
 I promise it will greatly enrich your life.
 
Here are 3 amazing videos that gave me insight into the importance of meditation and mindfulness and I hope they help you too (click to view e.g. click on "one " to view the first video)
 
 
 
 
I really hope this post resonates with you and causes you to take time out to make yourself happy, feel free to share your thoughts on this topic because I would love to hear them.
 
Stay beautiful because you can, Jasmine x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe